Kumasi is New Orleans’ own full afrobeat orchestra. We fell in love with a style of music created by Fela Kuti and Tony Allen nearly 50 years ago, and now we’re bringing it to the people of New Orleans. We play some great Fela tunes, and some afro-funk from 70s Ghana, but the majority of our live show is original music, stemming from West African concepts, composed to make any crowd move and groove.
OUR LATEST TRACK
- 3/18 at Maison Frenchmen -10pm
- 4/8 at House of Blues Voodoo Garden -8pm
- 4/14 at Blue Nile Balcony Room -10pm
- 4/15 at Maison Frenchmen -10pm
- 5/7 at House of Blues Parish Room -9pm
- 5/20 at Bayou Boogaloo -3:30pm